Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No, means NO

Some people just don't get it. I hate being rude, but when I tell you I'm not going to adopt a cat out to you and explain why.

Leave it at that.

Don't contact me about a different cat. If you weren't a suitable home for the one, why would you think you're suitable for a different one?

If you're going to take a cat to the shelter, why do you want another one in a couple months/weeks?

Actually, I want to be rude.

That's irresponsible! When you decide to have a pet, you make a commitment. You're saying I'm going to care for you, provide for you, and love you until you pass on.

How can you look at the face of your pet, the one that's comforted you when you're upset, made you laugh, and spent it's years with you...and just leave it? Don't you realize that's a death sentence? You need, YOU need to make sure it goes to a proper home if you no longer feel you can care for it. That's your responsibility. If you fail that animal, you better make sure to find someone that won't. It's disgusting.

And then you turn around and try to find a younger or "neater" cat? I'm not stupid. People think manx's are neat. Princess is a manx. I'm not stupid. Kittens are cute. They're new and cuddly. Is that why your older cat went to the shelter? It wasn't cute enough?

People that trade in older pets for a new kitten or puppy disgust me. That animal loved you. How is it hard to love it back?


Photobucket

No comments: